Monday, June 7, 2010

The Adventure has begun!

And we did not have internet access at first, so Mama had to save my posts on her laptop until we could get to a place with WiFi. So I am a couple of days behind.
Here is my post from Saturday June 5th:

Mama was up late last night trying to get everything packed up for OUR TRIP. I was getting pretty worked up... what if she left without me?? She still got up early this am and took us to the beach. Thank goodness for that! Some last minute "stuff" and she loaded me up, left all the sisters behind (too bad for them) and away we went!
It is a very long car ride for this boy... from Ocean Shores, WA to Lemolo Lake, OR. Mama had the passenger seat for me (I make a good co-pilot) and she had an area in back so I could lie down... though I never did. Too much to see along the way! We stopped several times for potty breaks (for me AND for Mama!) and a little picnic. Took about nine hours to get to our destination, and it is worth it!
We are staying in an A-Frame cabin at the Lemolo Lake Resort. It is very pretty here. Lemolo Lake is gorgeous, surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lodge pole pines. Lots of little critters and birds call this home. I suppose I could have chased some squirrels, but, of course, I prefer to play fetch.
Chomper is the dog that lives here at the campground. He is a big fellow, and very polite. I was well behaved meeting him and he even let me drink out of his water dish.
Mama and I shared a grilled burger and fries for supper. Then she got everything unpacked and I finally rested. I am very tired; it was a long trip for this pup! Tomorrow we start our walk. Miss Diana, Chomper's mama, may want to hike with us! Chomper may come also. Wow, we may become puppy pals.
Well, I am dog-tired. Time for this pup to go to bed. Tomorrow I will take pictures and share all the pretty sites with you.
Your puppy pal, Karoo

No comments:

Post a Comment