Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Adventures on Monday!

WOW, today is gorgeous!! The sun is shining, the sky is clear, the air is crisp and cool. Mama had the fireplace going all night, so it is toasty in the cabin, but very cool outside.
Diana realized she could not join us today. So we had to figure out our own game plan. Due to difficulty getting transport to start/stop points, Mama decided to do two “out and back” trails from the resort.
Oh my puppy goodness! What great trails! We walked from the resort, across the dam, another half mile to the trailhead. We walked east to hit the point where we started/stopped yesterday, then came back. We had to cross some creeks with no bridges again. I followed Mama across some rocks at one crossing. I am getting pretty good at following in her footsteps! Mama thought I may be kind of quiet and subdued today because I was tired yesterday. BUT I recharged my batteries overnight and was even sillier than yesterday! There were lots of squirrely squirrels that I had to chase. I can run very fast with my backpack on, but those darn squirrels still got away. I will keep working on it…
The trail we were on has peek-a-boo views of Lemolo Lake and the snow capped mountains. Lots of little flowers that kept Mama interested. Different terrains because there have been controlled burns here to make the forest healthier.

The second trail we took was to Lemolo Falls. What a gorgeous trail, following along the river that was cascading and falling all over itself! There was water coming out of every rock and crevice. The trail was often covered with running water. Mama was intrigued with all the mosses and little plants. The Lemolo Waterfall is quite stunning (according to Mama, I just wanted to play fetch!). We did a total of 15 miles today!

We were walking on the side of a very steep hill/mountain. Mama would not let me play fetch there, she felt it was too dangerous. But she made up for it! When we got back to the resort, we went to the lake and played a lot of fetch! Mama kept worrying that I would be too tired… come on! I am KAROO!!!!
This is my new pal Chomper:
Our friend, Geri, arrived! She is the artist that did the KarooKards! She is going to stay a few days, do some hiking and lots of painting. She took more pictures of me today. Smart lady!
Well, Mama needs to get to a spot where she can get these blogs sent. There is no internet access available here so she needs to drive to a WiFi spot. I better tag along…
Your puppy pal, Karoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment